- PAR (Passive Acoustic Resonator) technology
- Four balanced-armature drivers
- Switchable low-end characteristics
- Utilizing VariBore technology
Switch changes level of low frequencies (approx. 6dB<800Hz). It can be used e.g. :
- Depending on listening level to make use of the Fletcher-Munson law (for lower listening levels the bass can be boosted to make it better audible)
- Depending on level and quality of bass in the recording (if the bass is great it can be made very powerful, on the other hand if material is not to well mixed and lows are becoming boomy and out of control they might be trimmed down)
- Depending on external noise levels (If you’re listening in noisy environment like airplane, subway or similar where low-end noise masks the lows, you might want to switch them up).