- Introducing PAR (Passive Acoustic Resonator)
- Four balanced-armature drivers
- Switchable low-end characteristics
- Utilizing VariBore technology
Goal was to achieve a powerful sound while maintaining great clarity and precision.
Vented double low-end driver delivers juicy and powerful bass that is being accompanied by extremely crispy highs delivered by HF driver. Lush distinctive mids given perfectly placed between these two.
With switch positioned up, slightly warm and v-shaped. Swiching Model X down you receive mid-to-high focued earphones while maintaining the punch and clarity in lowest end of the band thanks to vented construction.
Wide, deep, natural.
Switch changes level of low frequencies (approx. 8dB<800Hz). It can be used e.g. :
- Depending on listening level to make use of the Fletcher-Munson law (for lower listening levels the bass can be boosted to make it better audible)
- Depending on level and quality of bass in the recording (if the bass is great it can be made very powerful, on the other hand if material is not to well mixed and lows are becoming boomy and out of control they might be trimmed down)
- Depending on external noise levels (If you’re listening in noisy environment like airplane, subway or similar where low-end noise masks the lows, you might want to switch them up).
“For me it has become my reference below 1500$ and one model I certainly don’t want to part with – ever!”
“(…)some of the best balance between richness and resolution in the sub-$2000 market(…)”