- Three balanced armature driver construction
- Three-way passive crossover (Single low, single mid, single high)
- Two-bore acoustical design
The switch controls the bass and lower mids (below 1000Hz). You can also use it to make changes depending on:
- the listening level – to make use of the Fletcher-Munson law (for lower listening levels, bass can be boosted to make it better audible)
- the level and quality of bass in the recording (if the bass is well recorded, it can increase its strength. On the other hand, if the material is not properly mixed and lows are becoming boomy and get out of control, they can be trimmed down)
- the external noise levels (if you are using your monitors in a noisy environment: airplane, subway, etc., where the low-end noise masks the lows, you might want to switch them up).